1 1/2 cups raw walnuts or pecans
10 pitted Medjool dates (approx.15)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa or carob powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
2 tsp. water
1/2 cup fresh raspberries for garnish
Dash of salt
- Place the walnuts or pecans and salt in the food processor fitted with the “S” blade and process until finely ground.
- Add the dates, cocoa powder and vanilla extract and process until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Add the water and process briefly.
- Transfer to a serving plate and form into a 5 inch round cake. Decorate the cake and plate with fresh raspberries before serving if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap, Flourless Chocolate Cake will keep for three days in the refrigerator or two weeks in the freezer.
- Allow cake to cool before serving.
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (thaw and drain, if frozen)
1/4 cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked
Place ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator, will keep for 3 days.